blog description

Old women talk about old things: history, myth, magic and their
checkered pasts, about what changes and what does not.

Sunday, June 30, 2013

Solstice, Connecticut, 1975


 
 
 
 
I await sunrise
Beneath a ancient oak
Beside a well-traveled road
Bedewed cornstalks,
Static pillars of fog in distant valleys.
 
At first there were morning stars,
Bird songs and a prescient glow,
Iridescence changed to blue
As the unfixed time ended.
 
Sun! Sun! Sun!
 
For years I have risen early on the longest day,
But only in this year of heart-break stone
Have you favored me.
Now, through a
Door of silence
A circle of fire, those
Hands glittering gold
Finger my heart.
 
I Live! I See You Rise!
 
Eternity joined,
With all those Others,
A thousand songs, a thousand years,
One humble soul ablaze,
An altar
At Sunrise.

 

 
~~ Juliet Waldron

Historical Novels
 

No comments:

Post a Comment