blog description

Old women talk about old things: history, myth, magic and their
checkered pasts, about what changes and what does not.

Monday, September 16, 2013

Mrs. Owl Is Not The Only One With This Problem


 
 
 
We women of a certain age, often have these conversations with Significant Others:    
 
 
~~~~Upon arising from bed this a.m. (I had been up for hours), my husband treated me to this  conversation which, in its own way, is pretty funny.
 
        Him:    Why are you up so early?  (As he staggers towards the bathroom)
 
        Me:      The cat tried to eat my head.  Why are YOU up?
 
        Him:    (stopping in mid wobble)  Because I have to pee.
 
        Me:    Why didn’t you just go in my bathroom (which is right off the bedroom, and requires no more than about 3 steps)?
 
        Him:    I just like to do things differently every day.  (as he continues his stagger)
 
        Me:    (Sotto voce)  You’re weird.
 
        Him:    What? (from behind closed bathroom door)
 
        Me:    Nothing.
 
        Him:    You said I’m weird.
 
        Me:    (triple forte)  Why can you hear that and not hear anything I scream at you????
 
        Him:    What?
 
                                                *        *        *
 
 
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~Contributed by Anonymous, who, as we all know only too well, was a woman.
 

1 comment:

  1. hilarious! Love your blog, lots of fabulous posts to read. If you wold like to visit me back I'm at http://www.astartemoonblog.com/, blessings, alison xx

    ReplyDelete